Questions and answers about SMPL
- I want to use SMPL for commercial purposes. What do I do?
For commercial uses, please contact Michael J. Black (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (email@example.com).
- Is DMPL also available for download?
Not yet. We are working on the scripts to enable people to use DMPL in standard graphics packages.
- Is Blender/3dsMax/etc supported?
We are working on adding more scripts to support popular packages. If you have a particular request, send us an email.
- I want to compare directly with the model from the paper. How do I get it?
We make available the latest model of SMPL and we think it is what 99% of people will want. It has several improvements over the one in the paper but it also has fewer shape blend shapes. If you have a research project that requires direct comparison to the one in the paper, please contact Michael J. Black to request permission. Only bonafide research projects will be considered.
- Can I get the DQBS version?
We have only made available the LBS version because it is more accurate than SMPL-DQBS, as explained in the paper. It is also much simpler and more standard. If for some reason you need DQBS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My question isn’t answered here.
Please mail us at email@example.com and we will try to help.